Research activities at our chair concentrate – partly in cooperation with other universities in Germany and abroad – on the following topics:
- Development of European metropolitan regions and industrial landscapes;
z.B.: Internationales Doktorandenkolleg FORSCHUNGSLABOR RAUM
More information here
- Application of digital video technology as analysis tool and design medium in landscape architecture.
E.g.: "Televisionäre Landschaften? Neue Wahrnehmungsperspektiven - Chancen für die Entwurfspraxis" text as PDF (204KB)
- Interfaces between landscape architecture, new cultural landscapes and fine arts.
E.g.: NEULAND SYMPOSION 2006 and 2008 in collaboration with the Niedersachsen Foundation and the Springhornhof Foundation.
- Geschichte und Theorie der Landschaftsarchitektur (History and Theory of Landscape Architecture).
(Junior Professorship from 2010/11 to 2013)
- General theoretical foundations of landscape architecture as design.
NOTE: With regard to all the above-mentioned topics, upon request there will be given out specific topics for MA thesis dissertations and doctoral dissertations. We are happy to assist with the application for funding and scholarships. If interested, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Udo Weilacher; tel.: 08161 / 71-3249; weilacher[at]lai.ar.tum.de